Congratulations and thanks to Stuart Baillie, Editor in Chief, Hastings in Focus, for introducing this, in support of women at menopause, their partners, families, colleagues, employers/employees and friends – absolutely brilliant!
And here it is …
Hands up if you know a woman. If you do, read on…
In celebration of World Menopause Day, this Sunday October 18th, here’s a ‘tasty teaser’ of my brand-new monthly column!
Six facts about Menopause:
- Perimenopause is the time leading up to menopause
- Menopause is the day after one period-free year
- Post menopause is the time after that
- The average age of menopause for women in the UK is 51 and for some women it can be much younger
- Symptoms can start approximately four to five years before menopause and can go on well into a woman’s post-menopausal years
- The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate and decline around the time of menopause
I will be addressing a wide range of menopause related topics. Here are some answers to a few frequently asked questions:
I’m so tired. Is this the menopause?
You may be perimenopausal. Symptoms vary from one woman to another.
Just as women have different experiences with their periods, it follows that we can have different menopause symptoms too. And while most women do experience symptoms, there are a small number of women who sail through their menopause without experiencing any at all!
There are about 34 well known symptoms and tiredness is one of them. But don’t panic, you’ll be …